Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
IN THIS ISSUE:
Avian Influenza plunges the ostrich industry into crisis - again.
Hides and wet blues:
- Brits Leathers: We should all see a red light flashing.
- Brits Leathers: African Hide news offers traders better margins.
- Midland Tannery: Leather price drop unlikely - no increase in 2018 more realistic hope.
- Okapuka Tannery: If SA hide prices don't drop, there could be another casualty.
- Leather Association of Tanzania: Government still dragging its feet over export regulations.
- African Merino Trading: Trusting skin prices will drop.
Footwear and leather goods leathers
- Rotta Leathers: Looking for another supplier.
- The East African Hub: Supporting growth through visit to Ethiopia
- Nakara: Management change.
- Exotic Leather Research Centre: Crocodile farming in SA conference report.
Farming - Zambeef 'Zambia's leading home-grown multinational'.
Opinion – Springhare leather: A real by-product
From columnist H. Proctor.
Clean technology in the liming process - Part1, by Dr Clive Jackson-Moss, ISTT.
Leather made from 'hides' grown in the laboratory?
Some hide and leather specifications
Compiled by the ISTT.
H2S: UNIDO offers safety video for tannery 'killer'.
Cotton prices uncertain in 2017/18.
The soft side of Dr Clive.
Advertisers in this Issue
BASF (4), Buckman (2), DyStar Boehme Africa (OFC), ISTT (9), Lanxess (6), Mimosa Extract Co (8), Rolfes Chemicals (10), SCOT (12).
PLEASE NOTE: Should you continue to receive newsletters after you have unsubscribed this may be due to you requesting us to unsubscribe an email address to which emails are being auto forwarded by your mail server and you would need to unsubscribe the actual email address that we have in the newsletter mailing list to prevent further newsletters being sent to you.
The S&V Newsletter, S&V Footwear Magazine, S&V Leather Magazine & S&V Protect Magazine are all sent out to separate mailing lists and need to be unsubscribed from individually by clicking the unsubscribe at the bottom of any issue of the particular publication that you wish to unsubscribe from.