IN THIS ISSUE:
- Automotive: GST AutoLeather files to reorganise under Chapter 11.
- Hides and finishing: Midland Tannery is considering expanding its capacity following the closure of Sutherland and African Hide Trading.
- Hides and skins: Kenya to scrap import duty on hides and skis to promote value addition.
- Crocodile and ostrich: Exotics in turmoil, especially in the East, says Mark Radermacheer of Duck Valley International.
- Ostrich: AI vaccine exists, but permission to use it is still needed, says biotechnology company Deltamune.
-Training: ISTT to continue to operate as normal, and will not be folded into an LRI at this point.
- Biodiesel is an option for tanners to consider, says columnist H. Proctor, especially as tanning generates considerable waste.
- World Leather CEO says shipments of wet-salted hides should stop.
Some hide and leather specifications
- Compiled by the ISTT.
- Finance industry joins mission to close SA's annual water infrastructure gap.
Advertisers in this Issue
DyStar Boehme Africa (2), ISTT (9), Lanxess (6), Mimosa Extract Co (8), Rolfes Chemicals (4), SCOT (OFC).