Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
In what is likely to be the first in a series of expansions outside footwear, BBF Safety Group has acquired safety services company Pinnacle OSH Holdings. The National Regulator for Compulsory Standards has now issued approval numbers for 44 styles, including some from leading suppliers - but there's a very long way to go.
Flame Retardant Workwear Feature
Exploring the technical aspects of this vital category of workwear.
- An overview of flame retardant workwear by Roland Singh of Wing Safety Manufacturers.
- Nomex, a fabric for the most extreme heat environments, submitted by DuPont.
- Inherently flame and arc-resistant woven fabrics, by Janice Coetzee of Gelvenor Textiles.
- Flame retardant workwear testing, submitted by Acti-Chem SA.
Working at Height
Dylan Sutherland of Protekta Safety Africa says the Grenfell Towers disaster illustrates the need for site specific risk assessment.
New Products & Services
- BBF Safety Group: New Lemaitre styles Maximus and Spartacus expand general purpose safety footwear range.
- ProFit Safety Footwear: Much more than a facelift for Parson.
- DuPont Sustainable Solutions: 40 'microlearning courses' cover wide range of safety issues.
We've brought back this popular section.
- BBF Safety Group
- Claw Boot
- Protekta Safety Africa
- Rebel SafetyGear
Advertisers in this Issue
Act-Chem SA (7), BBF Safety/Lemaitre (OFC), Claw Boot (4), Neptun Boot (6), Palm Footwear/Terrapod (8), ProFit Safety Footwear (17), Protekta Safety Africa (10), Rebel SafetyGear (2), Wing Safety Manufacturers (8).