BBF Safety Group's acquisition of Quality Safety will probably double the size of its turnover. Its goal is to be 'a total workplace safety solution'.
Chemical resistant workwear feature
Protection begins with the fabric
- Acid resistant fabrics by Dr John Durrans, consultant to Da Gama Textiles.
- Specially treated polyester/viscose blend by Janice Coetzee, Gelvenor Textiles.
Themes from the A+A Fair
- Protective clothing for fire fighters, by Kirsten Rein.
- Fit for work: Avoiding sickness - promoting health, by Natascha Plankermann.
Working at Height
Dylan Sutherland of Protekta Safety Africa says without shock absorption, a relatively short fall in a harness can be fatal.
New safety cap and hat products under development, by Grant van der Merwe, Pienaar Brothers North.
Battling infection and resistance
German-Australian iCAIR project.
Footwear manufacturer and its suppliers combine to produce customised safety footwear.
New Products & Services
- E2S: E2x corrosion proof warning devices benefit from major upgrades.
- Neptun Boot: Patented toughness.
- ProFit Safety Footwear: The only way to do great work is to love what you do!
BBF Safety Group: Aiding gumboot dancing group, making a video of female workers.
We've brought back this popular section.
- BBF Safety Group
- Claw Boot
- Protekta Safety Africa
- Rebel SafetyGear
Advertisers in this Issue
BBF Safety/Spartacus (OFC), Neptun Boot (6), ProFit Safety Footwear (17), Protekta Safety Africa (10), Rebel SafetyGear (2), Wing Safety Manufacturers (8).