S&V Footwear & Leather Goods Magazine Vol83 No6 June 2020
IN THIS ISSUE:
3 The Economy
- Edcon: The billions owed to suppliers.
- Statistics, knock-offs and the virus have set SA back, says SAFLEC, so it's 'time to get back on our feet and start again'.
- Street trading: Independents vs hawkers, foreigners and second hand goods - Durban's CBD.
- 1. There's life after liquidation: Aubrey Neimann on how to survive.
- 2. Debt relief for consumers: ImStaying and Pep launch 'Lay-Bye Buddy Initiative' to help customers pay off debt.
11 Opinion - The U.S. Market
- Sports retail under Covid-19, by Matt Powell of NPD.
12 Trends & Fashion
- Micam: Spring-Summer 2021 trends unveiled.
- What's hot by Dangee Carken's Madelein Kearns.
- Walmart introduces used apparel to its stores.
18 Notice Board
- Obituary: Cyril Saxe, the last of the great wholesalers.
- Narrow escape for former Green Cross staff member Pierre Marais after horror smash.
- Down Memory Lane: A photo from agent Ivor Saks' album.
- SARS statistics for April 2020.
Advertisers in this Issue
Creative Leathergoods (9), Freestyle (5), Kaytex Belts (7), Palm Footwear/Terrapod industrial safety footwear (OFC), Selective International Footwear/Kaliber (2).
In The Next Issue:
- Are sneakers declining? And if so, what's next?
Out on Wednesday, July 15
The Directory is evolving to meet changing circumstances. Watch out for details shortly.