S&V Protect Magazine Vol14 No2 Second Quarter 2020
IN THIS ISSUE:
3 PPE and the Virus
- SAPEMA In the face of a shortage of respirators, stick with your regular suppliers.
- Beier Envirotec: Launching locally-developed medical grade facemask material.
- Local manufacture of cloth masks: The filter materials - Brits Nonwoven, Freudenberg Performance Materials, Gelvenor Textiles, Inno Textiles.
- BBF Safety Group: Unmasking the contribution of local innovation in response to Covid-19.
- BBF Safety Group: Let's make it together.
- How distributors have been coping: Pienaar Bros North welcomes return to 'normal' PPE purchases; Safety & Allied Products says supply is an issue.
- Help with hygiene standards: Bureau Veritas offers assistance with meeting health, safety and hygiene procedures.
- Africa 'more attractive as a manufacturing hub', says Neptun Boot.
- A textile solution? Devan offers an antiviral fabric solution.
- Pricing issues: Competition Tribunal fines firms for 'excessive pricing' of PPE.
15 Working at Height
- Productivity vs Efficiency. An article by Dylan Sutherland of Protekta SA.
16 Converting Fashion Industry to PPE
- Gerber Technology leads apparel industry coalition to make PPE.
17 Employee Issues
- Alcohol consumption peaks as ban is lifted, and substantial health and safety precautions will be needed. An article by Rhys Evans of ALCO-Safe.
18 Fume Extraction
- Safe and sound: KEMPERbeat takes welding fume extraction to a new level.
19 Fairs & Conferences
- Two-day ACHASM 2020 Construction, Health & Safety Summit.
- A+A: No price increases for 2021 edition.
21 Buyers' Guide
- What's on offer.
Advertisers in this Issue
BBF Safety Group (OFC), Hi-Tec/Magnum (8), Neptun Boot (2), Protekta Safety Gear (10), Rebel SafetyGear (4), Selective International Footwear/Kaliber (6), SHEQ Safety (5).
In the next Issue
Deon du Plessis, MD of Bullet Proofing Technology, starts a new series - really!