S&V African Leather Magazine Vol13 No7 July 2019
This Magazine is sponsored by SAFLIA
Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Okapuka Tannery: 'All Namibian hide companies sitting on stocks'.
- Lanxess sells chrome chemicals business to Chinese company Brother Enterprises because chrome 'no longer fits our focus on specialty chemicals'.
The Anti-Leather Lobby
- In a detailed rebuttal, leather scientist Karl Flowers debunks the myths about leather's (and the meat industry's) health and environmental impacts.
- Fur ban a signature away from becoming California law, reports Apparel News.
- The Amazon fires prompt Vans, Timberland and others to stop buying Brazilian leather, reports Quartz Magazine.
- Sustainable leather production part 22: Reducing chrome discharge from a tannery, by Dr Clive Jackson-Moss of the ISTT.
Weights & Measures
- Compiled by the ISTT.
An Eclectic View
- Columnist H. Proctor writes about Leather Processing (Another Way).
- All Africa Leather Fair 'fully booked', say new organisers.
- Pan African Leather Fair to debut in Cairo next year.
Advertisers in this Issue
Buckman (2), ISTT (OFC), Lanxess (4), Mimosa (7), Rolfes Leather Division (10), SCOT (13).