S&V Protect Magazine Vol13 No3 Third Quarter 2019
The only SA magazine aimed exclusively at the PPE end user.
This Magazine is sponsored by SAFLIA
Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
- National Regulator for Compulsory Standards seeks to regulate all categories of PPE, but says 'no new levies imminent'.
- SAPEMA KZN regional meeting: A-OSH, new forums dominate discussion.
- Fire protection services companies prosecuted for cartel conduct by Competition Commission.
- Compliant PPE vs Price: Deleane Luzzatto, chairperson of SAPEMA, says the true cost of cheap PPE can be very serious.
Working at Height
- Dylan Sutherland of Protekta Safety Africa the necessary culture of working at height.
- Rhys Evans of ALCO-Safe says unmanned breathalysers safeguard security personnel from the threat of retaliatory violence.
- Patricia Scotland, secretary-general of the Commonwealth, explains why disaster readiness is critical for Africa, and what the Commonwealth is doing about it.
- NRCS-approved safety footwear - updates since April 2019.
- NRCS-approved respiratory protective devices - updates since June 2019.
- Preventing manipulation of automated face recognition - research from the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft.
- European Commission launches warning app.
Products & Services
- ALCO-Safe partners with firm in Ghana to local supply and repair of breathalyser equipment.
- Bayer launches a new tool in the fight against malaria.
- Monitor water levels and flows from mobiles.
- Pro-Fit: We're confident in SA's future, and expanding to prove it.
- Sisi unveils fall arrest system for women.
- Wolverine SA gets NRCS approval for boots and enters SA safety market.
- What's on offer.
Advertisers in this Issue
A+A Fair (2), Bar Global Trading/Wolverine/Buckmaster (13), BBF Safety Group/Bova Safety Wear (5), Claw Boot (15), Protekta Safety Gear (7), Rebel SafetyGear / (9), Selective International/Kaliber (11).