S&V Protect Magazine Vol14 No1 First Quarter 2020
The only SA magazine aimed exclusively at the PPE end user.
This Magazine is sponsored by SAFLIA
3 Disease Control
- The coronavirus epidemic has caused global shortages of disposable masks and suits.
- BBF: Production capacity increased.
- Dräger: It makes sense for every business to stockpile respiratory protection.
- North Safety: Look after your existing clientele.
- Pienaar Bros: There would be a problem if we have an epidemic here.
- Pienaar Bros North: Sales double.
- Protekta Safety Gear: The focus should have been more strategic.
- Safety & Allied Products: Some are profiteering.
- Select PPE: Most demand is for export.
- SHEQ Safety: The real crisis will be in a few weeks' time.
- The likely animal origins of the coronavirus, and stopping the trade in wildlife.
- Battling bacteria with viruses to fight multidrug-resistant germs.
- A call for compliant wood-packaging material in international trade to stop the spread of pests.
9 NRCS-Approved Products
- Updates of the lists of respiratory protective devices and safety footwear approved by the National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications.
10 Working at Height
- Demystifying SETAs and certification processes in South Africa. An article by Dylan Sutherland of Protekta SA.
13 Employee Issues
- Avoid the deadly cocktail of driving under the influence of cannabis and alcohol. An article by Rhys Evans of ALCO-Safe.
14 Air Quality
- Preventing sick building syndrome by detecting high levels of carbon dioxide. An article by Ernest Campling of Euca Technologies.
15 Gas Detection
- Bacharach offers free refrigerant management software.
- Southern African-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry to host business delegation in March.
- Radanova on raising awareness of this major cause of lung cancer.
- Radon measurement in the workplace.
- Government integrity holds key to tackling corporate corruption, according to a University of Birmingham study.
17 Safety Footwear
- New Daltoped Duralite energy material from Huntsman used in next generation safety shoe.
- Bio-based antimicrobial and heat dissipation technology from Devan Chemicals.
18 Warning Devices
- Emergency signalling device from E2S.
17 Buyers' Guide
- What's on offer.
Advertisers in this Issue
ProFit Safety Footwear (OFC), Protekta Safety Gear (4), Rebel SafetyGear (2), Selective International Footwear/Kaliber (6), SHEQ Safety (5).
In the next Issue
Deon du Plessis, MD of Bullet Proofing Technology, starts a new series.