S&V African Leather Magazine Vol14 No5 May 2020
This Magazine is sponsored by SAFLIA
Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
IN THIS ISSUE:
3 Sam Setter's Pills
- A new quip from Sam Setter in each issue.
3 Restarting Production
- Alan D. Jackson: Customers still have stock, says Morgan Naidoo.
- Bader: Business is hard to find, writes Robert O'Connell.
- Mossop Leather: Big opportunities for local manufacturing, writes Gert Kruger.
- Fusion Leather/African Gameskin: Extraordinary ideas, writes Denzil Spolander.
- SATTA: No foreign hunters this year, but awaiting easing of regulations, says Pieter Swart.
- Zambia's crocodile farmers poised to upscale investments, writes Gillian Langmead.
11 An Eclectic View
- Columnist H. Proctor writes about chromium and the circular bioeconomy, and what can be done about it.
- Sustainable leather production - part 26: Clean technology in the dyehouse, by Dr Clive Jackson-Moss of the ISTT.
14 Weights & Measures
- Compiled by the ISTT.
15 Notice Board
- Debbie Archer leaves ISTT.
- Buckman board elects 3 new directors.
16 Training Courses
- UNIDO offers free online leather-related courses.
- South African hides, skins and leather trade statistics for March.
Advertisers in this Issue
APLF (9), Cape Karoo International Ltd (6), ISTT (5), Lanxess (2), Mimosa (7), Rolfes Leather Division (4),SHALC (OFC).
In The Next Issue
- A look at the global fish skin tanning industry.