S&V African Leather Magazine Vol14 No6 June 2020
This Magazine is sponsored by SAFLIA
Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
IN THIS ISSUE:
3 Sam Setter's Pills
- A new quip from Sam Setter in each issue.
3 Exotics - Fish Skin Leather
- Canadian tanner Tasha Nathanson, of 7 Leagues Tannery, answers our questions about the history, diversity, scale and future of fish skin tanning globally.
- A list of many of the world's fish skin tanneries.
12 Exotics - Ostrich Leather
- Italian leather magazine Arpel carried a feature on Cape Karoo International in its May issue. Reproduced with their permission..
- Erretre and Leather Naturally support the IULTCS Young Leather Scientist grant programme 2021.
14 An Eclectic View
- Columnist H. Proctor writes about fungicides, composting, toxicity and how to make the process safe for the end user.
- Sustainable leather production - part 27: Clean technology in leather finishing, by Dr Clive Jackson-Moss of the ISTT.
17 Weights & Measures
- Compiled by the ISTT.
18 Animal Welfare
- NSPCA wins a battle - but not the war - against live shipment of sheep.
- Despite lower Mpumalanga yields, overall harvest outlook still impressive, writes Paul Makube of FNB.
- DA Shadow Minister of Agriculture Annette Steyn writes about a black cattle farmer who finally owns his farm.
- South African hides, skins and leather trade statistics for April.
Advertisers in this Issue
APLF (11), Cape Karoo International Ltd (6), ISTT (5), Lanxess (2), Mimosa (8), Rolfes Leather Division (4),Stahl (OFC).
In The Next Issue
- How well is leather doing in SA's shoe industry?