S&V Protect Magazine Vol14 No3 Third Quarter 2020
The only SA magazine aimed exclusively at the PPE end user.
This Magazine is sponsored by SAFLIA
Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
IN THIS ISSUE:
3 PPE Resellers: Getting Back To Some Sort Of Normal
- CGA Agencies: Facemask business was "overkill", says Craig Dorasamy.
- Cheftrapps: Some hopeful signs, says Lauren Trappler.
- Coetzer Fire Services: We stuck to what we know, says Wayne Behrens.
- DRM Safety: A crystal ball would be helpful, jokes André de Bruyn.
- Execuwear: We concentrated on the positives, and it's worked for us, says Christine O'Donnell.
- FG Uniforms: We're doing better than most, says Shanaaz Zimmery.
5 Fire Protection
- Fire equipment supplier Fire Unlimited fined by Competition Tribunal.
7 Working At Height
- Fall protection plans - the importance of a site survey: An ongoing series by Anderson Cilliers of Protekta SA.
11 Safety In Construction
- Primary Health Promotion: Synopsis of a presentation by Prof John Smallwood and Dr Claire Deacon.
13 Safety Footwear
- Wayne: Africa's largest gumboot manufacturer for 80 years.
- Lemaitre: One worker supporting another.
16 NRCS-Approved Products
- The most recent additions to the list of approved safety footwear.
17 Water Resources
- Fraunhofer Gesellschaft and Stellenbosch University establish partnership to develop cross-sectoral solutions for water, energy and food security.
19 PPE And The Virus
- Social distancing: People Counter developed for retail.
- Respiratory protection: Finlam Textiles has developed medical and PPE fabrics.
- Respiratory protection: Devan adds multivitamin blend to coated textiles.
- Respiratory protection: Lontana Apparel shifts from Madiba shirts to facemasks.
- Respiratory protection: Maamba Collieries donates ventilator and PPE.
- Coronavirus is a hazardous distraction in the mining and construction industries. An article by Rhys Evans of ALCO-Safe.
- Pricing issues: More firms fined by Competition Tribunal for 'excessive pricing' of PPE during pandemic.
30 Buyers' Guide
- What's on offer.
Advertisers in this Issue
Bar Global/Wolverine (12), BBF Safety Group/Wayne (OFC), BBF Safety Group/Lemaitre (14), Hi-Tec/Magnum (5), Neptun Boot (2), Palm Footwear/Terra Pod (4), Protekta Safety Gear (8), Rebel SafetyGear (6), Rolfes Leather (below), Selective International Footwear/Kaliber (10).
In the next Issue
What has the PPE industry learnt from the pandemic?