S&V Footwear & Leather Goods Magazine Vol83 No8 August 2020
This Magazine is sponsored by SAFLIA
Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
IN THIS ISSUE:
3 The Retail
- Edgars: Back in business.
- Bolton Footwear: Busier than we expected to be, but we need to be much busier still, says CEO Alan Fleetwood.
- Handel Street Upholsterers: How an automotive aftermarket specialist has converted to making Covid products, including shoe covers.
- Tika Shoes: A small market remains in Zimbabwe for men's fashion, says MD Hashmook Naran.
- Zamleather: Designing basics for the Zambian home market.
07 The U.S. Market
- Second half predictions for U.S. sports retail, by Matt Powell of NPD.
- Booming sneaker business because of back-to-school, writes former Zimbabwean footwear manufacturer Tinashe Mandirahwe.
- From global trade media.
11 Trade Fairs & Conventions
- Messe Frankfurt SA to hold virtual trade show for 2020 edition of Allfashion Sourcing.
- Italian fairs to go ahead with September editions.
12 Notice Board
- Retiring: Odette Vosloo, Leather Industry Sick Fund.
- Retiring: Brian Zyster, JoJo IV U.
- Retirement voice: Ross James, formerly Olympic Footwear.
- Obituary: Malcolm Novos, Economic Shoe Store.
- Obituary: Averson Govender, Leatherhaven.
- Obituary: Carlo Longano, The Biodynamics Institute.
- Obituary: John Kellett, Durata Shoeworks.
- Obituary: Malcolm Ramakrishna, Eco Rubber.
17 SAFLEC AGM
- Presentations by chairman Sanjay Pattundeen and executive director Nerisha Jairaj.
21 Trends & Fashion
- Is Birkenstock's Arizona sandal 'the world's hottest shoe'?.
- SARS statistics for June 2020.
Advertisers in this Issue
Creative Leathergoods (2), Freestyle (OFC), Jinbo Trading (8), Kaytex Belts (5), Palm Footwear/Terrapod industrial safety footwear (3).
In The Next Issue:
- Gearing up for December.
Out on September 22
The Directory is evolving to meet changing circumstances. Watch out for details shortly.