S&V Footwear & Leather Goods Magazine Vol87 No1 January 2021
This Magazine is sponsored by SAFLIA
Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
IN THIS ISSUE:
03 The Master Plan
- The chains support the ultimate goal of the Master Plan, says NCRF director Michael Lawrence, which is job creation.
- Yes, local procurement is up, says TFG CEO Anthony Thunström.
05 Alternative Facts
- How much is that shoe in the window? How Dr Martens and Grasshoppers prices have escalated over the years.
- School lockdown delays launch of locally-made synthetic upper material.
- Main Group Technologies: Smart production with artificial intelligence.
- Hush Puppies: Broadening the range means broadening the customer base, says Laurence Lotzoff.
- Adrian Furstenburg moves to Singapore in quest to become a global luxury brand.
- Afro Leather: The show will go on, says director San-Marie Stevens after the death of founder Elaine Coy.
10 The U.S. Market - Opinion
- 2021 outlook for sports retail, by NPD's Matt Powell..
11 Good Works And The Humble Flip Flop
- Self-taught artist Davis Ndungu has created a business making sculptures from recycled flip flops.
- The CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation urges people to take part in Flip Flop Day to make a difference to charity.
13 Notice Board
- Retirement: Lionel Astill, an innovative, insightful, sometimes acerbic contribution to SA's footwear story.
- Obituary: Neville Dodo, "Footwear SA loses a well-loved son", by Dodo's Shoes.
- Obituary: Yoosuf Bham, Megashoe's ladies' (shoe) man, Faiz Bham.
- Obituary: Alvin Naidoo, Angel Footwear's ever-helpful factory manager, by Avi Ramlakan.
- Obituary: Elaine Coy, the dynamic founder of Afro Leather, by Sandra Gordon.
Advertisers in this Issue
Axle Consulting (12), Creative Leathergoods (5,8), Dale Footwear/Hush Puppies (OFC, 3, 7, 8), Dangee Carken/Urban Art (10), Freestyle (2), Saddler Belts (6), Softer (7).
In The Next Issue:
Out on February 11
We've revamped our trade fair calendar. Visit https://www.svmag.co.za/events