S&V Protect Magazine Vol15 No1 First Quarter 2021
The only SA magazine aimed exclusively at the PPE end user.
This Magazine is sponsored by SAFLIA
Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
IN THIS ISSUE:
3 Respiratory Protection
- SAPEMA is concerned about the proliferation of non-compliant facemasks, says chairperson Deleane Luzzatto.
3 Arc Flash Protection
- BBF launches Bova arc flash PPE range.
6 Bullet Resistant Vests
- In the first of a series of articles on BRVs, Deon du Plessis of Bullet Proofing Technology gives and introduction to the subject, and dispels some myths.
12 Working At Height
- Important factors to consider in choosing a working at height training provider: An ongoing series by Anderson Cilliers of Protekta SA.
15 The Pandemic
- A flow of fresh air protects again coronavirus. An article by Germany's Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft.
16 Vehicle Safety
- Latest '#SaferCarsForAfrica' crash test results 'give cause for serious concern' Reports by international associations, backed by SA's Automobile Association, on 3 vehicles sold locally.
- Real-time temperature and humidity monitoring systems 'are the new competitive edge', says Eckart Zollner of Ikhaya Automation Systems.
20 Safety Footwear
- BBF's Lemaitre celebrates 30 year of Maxeco at it approaches 10 million pairs.
21 Employee Issues
- Understanding the role of temporary employment service providers in your organisation's health and safety, by Natashia Barnabas of Workforce Holdings.
- Breathalysers in the workplace have a significant role to play in addressing South Africa's alcohol abuse problems, by Rhys Evans of ALCO-Safe.
- Is water part of your business risk assessment? It should be, says Mannie Ramos of Abeco Tanks.
- Kemper's WallMaster: Stationary entry-level welding fume extraction system.
- Radonova launches upgrade of Radtrak.
26 Competition Tribunal
- Tribunal fines fire control companies millions for cartel conduct.
- Supplier accused of charging government excessive prices for tongue depressors.
- Fine for chemical distributor accused of excessive pricing.
23 Buyers' Guide
- What's on offer.
Advertisers in this Issue
BBF Safety Group/Bova arc flash PPE range (OFC), BBF Safety Group/Lemaitre Maxeco (11), JCB Safety Footwear (13 and 14), Palm Footwear/Terra Pod (2), Protekta Safety Gear (5), Rebel SafetyGear (7), Rolfes Leather (below), Selective International Footwear/Kaliber (9).
The next issue
Will be out on May 14.