S&V Footwear & Leather Goods Magazine Vol87 No5 May 2021
This Magazine is sponsored by SAFLIA
Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
IN THIS ISSUE:
03 This Month's Focus Sector: Safety Footwear
- Local production up, imports down, pressure on prices.
- 'Our relationship with industry is good,' says NRCS.
- The NRCS needs to do what it's supposed to do; Sourcing from China hasn't been a problem; Swing to lower priced boots, but demand is good, says Rebel's Gavin Cooke.
- PPE budgets stretched, but sales up, says BBF's Ndlela Mazibuko.
- NRCS has an enormous task, but the process needs to be speeded up, says BBF's Eugene du Toit.
- Pandemic has helped us take market share from importers, says Bata SA's Michael Wyatt.
- Plan. Support your customers. Grow, says ProFit Safety Footwear's Nick Bryant.
13 The U.S. Market
- Sneakernomics: Team sports equipment recap for Q1 2021, by Matt Powell of NPD.
14 SA Sports Retail
- Locally, sports retailers are also seeing an upturn, say Mike's Sports' Mike Augoustides and Sports 'n All's Pierre Coetzer.
- Law firm Webber Wentzel explains the likely implications for all stages of the value chain of new legislation on packaging.
- Sustainability in fashion must be eco- and budget-friendly, says Kristen Classi-Zummo of NPD.
- Joe Nimble launches post exercise 'foot recovery sandal'.
17 Online Retail
- The impact of online retailing on China's apparel market - an article by inspection, verification, testing and certification company SGS.
18 Trade Fairs
- MICAM ready to start again, but digital event has proved its value and will remain.
Advertisers in this Issue
BBF Safety Group (OFC), Creative Leathergoods (3), Deluxe Footwear (5), Freestyle (2), Hi-Tec/Magnum (11), Kaliber (9), Rebel Safetygear (7), Saddler Belts (6), Woodland (4).
In The Next Issue:
- Focus Sector: Outdoor Footwear.
Out on June 11
We've revamped our trade fair calendar. Visit https://www.svmag.co.za/events