S&V African Leather Magazine Vol15 No5 May 2021
This Magazine is sponsored by SAFLIA
Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
IN THIS ISSUE:
3 Sam Setter's Pills
- A new quip from Sam Setter in each issue.
03 This Month's Focus Sector - Hair-On Bovine and Game Skins
- Kept alive by domestic demand.
- SATTA: We need more accurate data to plan for the industry, says SATTA president Pieter Swart.
- Oasis Tanning: New products, new markets in an unpredictable period, says Grant Hoffman.
- Nakara: Few signs of recovery so far, says Theo Jauss.
- Woods Tanning: Domestic market 'strong', says Andy Woods.
- Afritan: Big growth for online, says Craig van Heerden.
09 Animal Welfare
- UK proposes an endangered species trophy ban.
06 An Eclectic View
- E. Dring and H. Proctor write about the composting in the leather industry - Part 2 of 2.
12 Leather Versus Competitive Materials
- Comparison of the technical performance of leather, artificial leather, and trendy alternatives, by Michael Meyer et al of the FILK Freiberg Institute in Germany.
21 South African Hide Prices
- Provided by ABSA Agri-Business.
22 Tanning Science Decoded
- Dr Clive Jackson-Moss of the ISTT summarises research on use of protease enzymes for softening wet blue.
23 Weights & Measures
- Compiled by the ISTT.
24 Notice Board
- Death notice for former Gringo Leathers member Pierre van Niekerk.
Advertisers in this Issue
Cape Karoo International Ltd (OFC), ISTT (3), Italtan (24), Lanxess (5), Mimosa (8), Rolfes Leather Division (11), Stahl (15).
In The Next Issue
- Exotics: Crocodile and Ostrich Leather. Out on June 18.