S&V Protect Magazine Vol15 No2 Second Quarter 2021
The only SA magazine aimed exclusively at the PPE end user.
This Magazine is sponsored by SAFLIA
Click the advert links for more info. • Download PDF
IN THIS ISSUE:
3 Bullet Resistant Vests
- The second in a series of articles by Deon du Plessis, MD of Bullet Proofing Technology, in which he outlines the soft and hard materials which go into BRVs.
11 Working at Height
- Fall arrest rescue - Protekta Safety Gear training manager Anderson Cilliers writes about planning considerations.
- Seven tips to prevent suspension trauma, by BBF Safety Group.
16 Safety Footwear - Effects of the Pandemic
- Local production up, imports down, pressure on prices.
- 'Our relationship with industry is good,' says National Regulator for Compulsory Standards.
- The NRCS needs to do what it's supposed to do, sourcing from China hasn't been a problem, and swing to lower priced boots, but demand is good. Rebel Safety Goods' Gavin Cooke looks at the issues.
- PPE budgets stretched, but sales up, says BBF's Ndlela Mazibuko.
- NRCS has an enormous task, but the process needs to be speeded up, says BBF's Eugene du Toit.
- Pandemic has helped us take market share from importers, says Bata SA's Michael Wyatt.
- Plan, support your customers, grow - that's the formula, says ProFit's Nick Bryant.
- Whe the shoe doesn't fit - why women need to demand female-specific safety footwear, by Sisi brand manager Predahni Rai Naidoo.
22 The Pandemic
- Mandatory Covid-19 immunisation in the workplace 'isn't that straightforward', writes law firm Adams & Adams.
- Another mask supplier falls foul of the Competition Tribubal.
- Sanitized T99-19 'offers 99.84% protection against Covid on textiles'.
- Mental health and well-being have become the predominating H&S issues, write Prof. John Smallwood and Prof. Fidelis Emuze.
- World Tuberculosis Day - TB is a major workplace issue, writes Prof. John Smallwood.
- Understanding the eating habits of the SA population - a study by Knorr.
27 Innovations - The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft
- Safety in water: An autonomous underwater robot saves people from drowning.
- Air purification and disinfection: New type of ventilator for virus-free air.
30 Recycling PPE
- Finally it's becoming an issue - turning the millions of masks and gloves into other products.
23 Buyers' Guide
- What's on offer.
Advertisers in this Issue
BBF Safety Group/Bova Harness (OFC), BBF Safety Group/Lemaitre Maxeco (15), Hi-Tec Interceptor (2), Protekta Safety Gear (5), Rebel SafetyGear (7), ProFit Safety Footwear (12), Selective International Footwear/Kaliber (9).
The next issue
Will be out on July 16.