S&V Footwear & Leather Goods Magazine
The S&V Footwear and Leather Goods Magazine is a free monthly digital publication that focuses on the Southern & East African Footwear & Leather Goods industry.
Since its first issue was published in 1935 the publication has been the leading source for news and information relevant to the Southern & East African footwear and leather goods industry. Our editorial staff are well known and respected within the industry and have a depth of industry knowledge and insight honed over many decades. In short we have our finger on the pulse of industry, enabling us to provide current news and information that matters to those involved in the footwear and leather goods trade. Matters related to technology, trade, import, export, manufacturing, design, retail and all other aspects of the industry are reported on regularly, factually and extensively.
S&V Footwear & Leather Goods Magazine Vol88 No8 August 2022
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Local sourcing from a chain perspective: Current projections foresee a growth in units more than a growth in share.
- SA Apparel Association: The key is reduced lead times and more flexible capability, says vice chairman Sean Kirby.
- National Clothing Retail Federation: 'Ultimately, it's a commercial decision,' says Michael Lawrence.
- allfashion Sourcing date correction.
07 Sector Reports
- The Sneaker Shack: Shoe cleaning is a growth industry.
- Holster: Move to Intobrands.
- Sisi Safety Wear: Saluting the women who shape our world.
10 The US Market
- Retail momentum: Ups and Downs.
- Sales of dresses grow 42% and surpass pre-pandemic levels, says NPD.
13 Foot Health
- 'PPE footwear is all tech spec and good looks,' says Dr Anette Thompson, 'but what about foot health?'
15 Sustainability, Compliance & Quality
- SGS: How to ensure quality in agile clothing and footwear supply chains.
- Texon to unveil latest insole innovation made from 100% recycled content.
17 SAFLEC AGM
- 'Goal is to return to pre-pandemic volumes,' says chairman Tavonga Gonyora.
- 'Out of the box solutions needed,' says director Nerisha Jairaj.
- Photos of the annual dinner.
19 Notice Board
- Obituary for David Tosh, one of the best production people the SA footwear industry has produced.
20 Knowledge Transfer, Education & Training
- Leather: An introduction - The fourth in a 4-part series by Richard Daniels for people with little or no knowledge about leather.
Advertisers in this Issue
ASSOCALZATURIFICI/MICAM Milano (09), BBF Safety Group (OFC), Freestyle Genuine Handcrafted Leather (02), FrontierCo/Delsey (04), FrontierCo/Busby (06), Italtan (10), JFK Trading/Jack Parcels (03), S&V Calendar (below), S&V Directory (12), SAFLEC (11), Saddler Belts (05).